What's new in the current version?
Note: iRogue will now use the major.minor.patchlevel
version numbering (even minor versions = stable, odd minor versions =
development) which seems to be the hip thing to do these days.
The latest development version of iRogue is: 1.1.1.
The latest stable version of iRogue is: 1.0.0.
What's new in 1.1.1
Support for graphical tiles (currently restricted to OS 3.5 and higher)
This has been requested several times. iRogue can now use 9x10 icons
(same as DateBk5 or Action Names) in place of ASCII characters. However,
since my artistic ability is negligible, it is up to y'all to create a
nice-looking set of tiles (consult the README file in this release for further
What's new in 1.1.0
These are new features that were not in 1.0.0:
- Added some HandEra 330 support
+ can minimize the virtual silk screen for 33% more dungeon height
+ use the much nicer OS-provided font for 'small font'
+ those wacky new icon sizes
+ probably some other thing that I forget
- screen rotation is not supported in this release
- Minor bug fixes (these will be plowed into bugfix release 1.0.1 in the "stable" branch)
- make 'zap' check to see whether you have any wands.
- make messages not clear when hardware button pressed in popup forms. heh. (maybe you noticed this if you, e.g., scrolled the text in the top-ten list
using the hardware up/down buttons.)
- increment FontID, maybe this will fix problem reported for Kyocera.
Or, maybe not. Who knows.
What was new in 1.0.0
(1.0.0 is just 0.47, relabelled. These are the changes
since the 0.42 release.)
- Color defined by the user.
- You can get black background (even if you do not have color) by
checking the "Invert" box in Preferences.
- New preference to automatically sort your inventory.
- New preference to show pie slices on the screen (may still be buggy).
- Top score list can be viewed any time via the menu.
- Menus and the Preferences screen are reorganized just to confuse you.
- Fixed some bugs
The screen scrolls sooner, before you run out of 'walk' donut in east/west.
Fixed the "hardware scroll-buttons in object creation form" bug.
- Created some bugs
When the screen is black-background, the Graffiti shift indicator
leaves white behind itself (e.g. if you tap for punctuation).
Please report any bugs
you find and they will be fixed as time permits.
iRogue comes with absolutely no warranty. The worst case
for a buggy application is a hard reset which means losing everything
since your last backup. Caveat emptor.